The NCAA Investigation is looking Into Nebraska’s Illustrious Football Team

LINCOLN, Neb. — The NCAA investigation into Nebraska’s football team on Wednesday, following allegations that the Cornhuskers’ staff improperly used analysts and consultants with coach Scott Frost’s knowledge, and even moved workouts off-campus last year when such activities were prohibited due to the pandemic.

Frost claimed any exercises were cleared by his supervisors, while Alberts verified the probe originally published by The Action Network.

After practice, Frost stated, “Everything we did via COVID was in the best interest and health of our athletes, and everything we did was approved by athletic department management and school administration.”

According to The Action Network, Nebraska has “extensive video footage” proving to practice infractions that happened in the sight of Frost and other coaches, according to unnamed sources.

Alberts said that the inquiry began before he was hired on July 14 and that he just learned about it after he started.

“We felt it was necessary for the two of us to come out and confirm what you’ve all read on the internet and in national reports,” Alberts added.

Frost, current and past staff members, administrators, and football players have all been interrogated by the NCAA, and Frost has engaged a counsel. The alleged breaches happened during the previous year.

Alberts stated, “We want you to know that we have fully complied with the NCAA and have been extremely collaborative in our approach with them in terms of all of their investigations.” “We will continue to follow the NCAA’s instructions. Our coaches, especially Coach Frost, have done an outstanding job and have been extremely accessible to the NCAA as we worked through these allegations.”

Because of the current inquiry, Alberts said he couldn’t speak further.

The news comes less than two weeks before the Huskers face Illinois in the first game of Frost’s fourth season. After guiding Central Florida to a 13-0 record in 2017, Frost, who quarterbacked the Huskers to the 1997 national title, returned to his alma institution in his home state after being voted national coach of the year.

Frost has struggled in his first three years at Nebraska, going 12-20 and never placing better than seventh in the Big Ten West. The program has now lost four straight seasons, the most since the late 1950s.

Frost’s contract runs until 2026, with a current buyout of $20 million.

Nebraska’s illegal use of experts to run special teams drills is part of the NCAA probe. Analysts are not permitted to communicate with players and are not among the 10 full-time on-field helpers.

Because of the epidemic a year ago, the NCAA banned organized exercises. Nebraska’s strength exercises were reportedly moved to an unknown off-campus site to escape discovery at the instruction of NU’s strength and conditioning staff, according to the report.

After the Big Ten first canceled its season, Frost and previous Nebraska athletic director Bill Moos were outspoken in their desire to play in 2020. Beginning in late October, the Big Ten will play an eight-game conference-only schedule.

Jonathan Rutledge, the special team’s analyst, was dismissed in January. In June, Moos suddenly announced his resignation. Frost’s chief of staff, Gerrod Lambrecht, quit two weeks ago.

The Associated Press sent Moos a text message requesting comment, but he did not answer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!