Israel Attacked Gaza City Second Day In A Row After The Cease-Fire Was Broken

Israel Attacked Gaza for the second day in a row on Thursday, as the two sides seemed to be breaking their cease-fire agreement reached last month.

Late Thursday, the Israeli authorities stated it attacked Hamas targets in Gaza City and Khan Younis. The jet attacks caused explosions that could be seen in the night sky.

“Arson balloons were fired into Israeli territory from the Gaza Strip over the last day,” the IDF stated in a statement. “In retaliation, IDF fighter planes hit Hamas terror organization military installations and a missile launch location in Gaza city and Khan Yunis just a few minutes ago.”

If the assaults from Gaza persisted, the IDF said it was prepared for a “resumption of hostilities.”

“Earlier this evening, the IDF Chief of the General Staff held a situational assessment, during which he instructed to increase the IDF’s readiness and preparedness for a variety of scenarios, including a resumption of hostilities, in light of continued terror activities from the Gaza Strip,” the IDF said in a statement.

Sirens were also heard at Kfar Aza, a kibbutz in southern Israel that is about 3 miles from the Gaza border. The sirens were set off by “incoming fire, not rockets, from the Gaza Strip towards Israeli land,” according to the IDF.

On Wednesday, Israel claimed to have hit Hamas targets in Khan Younis and the Gaza Brigades.

Last month, open hostilities between Israel and Hamas escalated into airstrikes and rocket assaults, killing at least 232 people in the Gaza Strip, including 65 children, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health. According to Magen David Adom, Israel’s national emergency agency, ten people were murdered in Israel by Hamas missiles, including one soldier and a 6-year-old kid.

On May 20, Israel’s security cabinet authorized a cease-fire with Hamas without restrictions after nearly two weeks of combat.

“With the ministers, the chief of staff, the military echelon, and the director of the Shin Bet reviewed Israel’s outstanding successes in the campaign, some of which were unprecedented,” said a statement from then-Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office. “The political echelon underlines that the campaign’s duration will be determined by the realities on the ground.”

After a vote by Israel’s legislature, the Knesset, Netanyahu was removed as prime minister on Sunday. The country’s new prime minister, Naftali Bennett, was sworn in.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!