In Southern California, 6-Year-Old Boy Killed In Apparent Road Rage Shooting

The highway patrol said a 6-year-old boy killed in a road rage shooting on a Southern California freeway on Friday morning.

The shooting, which occurred between 7:55 a.m. and 8:15 a.m. on the northbound 55 freeway in Orange, is under investigation.

Officer Florentino Olivera of the California Highway Patrol said at a press conference that there was “some kind of road rage incident.” “Unfortunately, the backseat passenger was injured.”

Olivera had no idea what had happened before the shooting or how many shots had been fired. A newer white Volkswagen station wagon is being searched, according to the CHP.

lgnews-,-6-Year-Old-Boy-Killed2The baby, who was riding in a booster seat in his mother’s car, was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead. His identity has remained a mystery.

State Route 55 passes through Orange, a city of 138,600 people located southeast of Los Angeles.

Police are asking anyone who was in the area and might have seen something or has a dashcam to contact the Santa Ana office of the California Highway Patrol, according to Olivera.

The shooting, “An apparent isolated road-rage incident,” is not linked to series of shattered vehicle windows believed to be caused by BB or pellet guns in Orange and Riverside counties, officials said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!